Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Remembering Mini 08

I came across some old pictures and found some of last year's mini marathon.

Eric and I got to start in the same corral last year (we are standing under the F.) I remember the weather being a little chilly at the start, but knew it was going to be warm enough to wear light clothing for the rest of the 13 miles as it warmed up. The sun came out half way through the morning and really made it sunny and hot. My goal last year was to beat my time from 2007. Craig also teased me that if I didn't get under 2 hours, he wasn't taking me home. Thank goodness I was 7 seconds under 2 hours! With no training this year, the goal is to finish and have a great time doing it!

This is the starting line for the wheelchairs. They get a 5 minute head-start.

Front of the line for the elites

Many people participate in the mini for different reasons. These firemen made quite a statement in their full gear. I am looking forward to this year's race in a couple of weeks!

No comments: