Monday, September 7, 2009

"Birfday" and Labor Day Weekend

Thursday was my 21 + 6th birthday! It was also IU's first home football game. It was Craig's casual day at work so he wore his IU polo. My office was decked out in football decorations and we all wore our IU gear.

This is Craig with one of the most special gifts I have received! Craig totally surprised me and had a piece of art framed that my Grandma Beynon had painted. While Craig and I were unpacking in the new apartment, we came across this painting in the front of a notebook. We talked about getting it framed someday to preserve it. I didn't think any more about it until he surprised me with it on my birthday. Both Sarah and I remember this painting, but not really the story behind it. My grandma always encouraged us to do art projects when we stayed with her. It brings back a lot of good memories.

Thursday night we went to the game. It was a beautiful night and IU won!

Before the game

Pre-game show

Friday night we made it to Clinton for the Little Italy Festival Parade

Cori walked and waved (under the C of China) with The Kids Place float

Saturday morning Eric, Sarah, and I participated in the Little Italy 5K race. It was beautiful morning and I loved running it with them. Eric even received a second place trophy for his age group!

Mom, Sarah, me, and Abby with Freckles

The whole group!
Me, Mike, Craig, Mom, Abby, Sarah, and Eric


Monday Craig and I drove to Nashville and had a great time walking around! (We bought more apple butter YUM!)

No comments: