Tuesday, September 14, 2010

More of LA

After we finished fishing and got the fish stink washed off, we drove up Highway 1 about an hour, toward Oxnard where Craig was staying for his training.

Highway 1

We found a cute winery along the way.

This winery charged $10 for a wine tasting! I think all the tastings we have ever done have been free, so Craig and I split a tasting. The owner was very nice and had worked for the government. She even knew where Crane was!

We found a second winery.

Also very yummy! This one charged for the tasting unless you bought a bottle. I ended up with three bottles in my luggage and it made my bag so heavy! (All three weren't ours!)

On Monday, Craig had to go to class, so the rest of us explored Ventura a little bit. We checked out the mall and then had lunch at the pier. (Amanda and I had a much better time at the mall than Ben and Tyler!)

Ventura Pier - 1872 -

Amanda and Ben
Our last night together we went out for sushi!

It was my first time trying sushi. We ordered about 5 different plates for all of us to share. I knew some of it was cooked and some was raw. I just told myself it was all cooked and tried everything! It was really good and I was surprised I liked it!

It ended up being a good trip and I'm glad we all got to go. I don't think I could have lasted the whole two weeks without seeing Craig. The three hour time difference made it pretty challenging to comunicate very well over the phone. About the time Craig was starting his evening, I was going to bed! I'm not sure when we will make it back to California, but I'm still shocked we had the opportunity to go twice this summer!

No comments: