Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day!!

This year, Craig made Valentine's Day very special!

I received these beautiful flowers at work on Monday! There is a pretty funny story about these flowers! Craig doesn't typically buy me flowers for special occasions. I think the last time he sent me flowers was the day before we got married, 6 years ago.
These Valentine flowers were all his idea - he didn't get them for me because I hinted around or mentioned them. Craig thought of them all on his own and ordered them last week to be a total surprise and delivered on Monday. So Sunday afternoon, Craig and I were sitting on the couch talking (no tv, music, other sounds) and his cell phone rang. He answered the phone and I overheard, "Hello, this is Ellettsville Flower Shop..." BUSTED! The flower shop was calling to confirm his order and inadvertently ruined the surprise! So while I still love the flowers, it wasn't quite the surprise that Craig was hoping for!


Craig made 6:00 reservations for dinner at Farm.

I couldn't help but take a picture of the appetizer - Artichoke Heart Crostini because of the cute heart presentation. So that first picture led to the next, photographing the whole wonderful meal!

Roasted Love Apple (Tomato) Veloute with Oyster and Basil
The soup was very good. The oyster was on the bottom of the soup and I decided to give it a try since I have never tried oyster before. My opinion of oyster: squishy eyeball. I tried my hardest to not show my disgust on my face and try to act civilized in public, but it was very hard. I like to try different foods, but I think oyster is crossed off the list to never try again!

Craig picked a very good house Rose wine.

"Good Life Farm" Greens with Danish Bleu Cheese, Pomegranate, and Chinnuts: Wonderful!


Citrus Broiled Salmon, Roasted Root Vegetables, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis
This was the thickest, most moist piece of salmon I have ever tasted. It was great!

Flourless Chocolate Cake with Mocha Cream and Raspberries
Amazing dessert!

Great day, wonderful meal, best husband ever!

When I got home I was surprised to find more flowers - a dozen white roses! Craig couldn't let the day go by without a flower surprise!

No comments: