Thursday, October 2, 2008

2nd Taper Week

Tuesday was a fun fall run. It is really nice to come home from work and go right out for a run instead of waiting until it cools off. Usually I would be so hungry for dinner that I would have a "snack" to hold me over and then I would regret it during the run. I am definitely enjoying the nice cool weather. It was fun to do some crunching across leaves during the 40 minute run.

Wednesday's goal was 5 miles at race pace: 9:00 minute/mile. It was another great evening and the run went really well. However, I was pretty sure at one point that I was going to be bitten by a pit bull. It came toward us and then I heard it pick up the pace and I took off. Luckily at the same time, Craig turned his bike toward it and yelled at it and it stopped. Luckily we haven't had too many problems with dogs. I don't understand how an owner would leave a pit bull unleashed. On one other occasion we couldn't get a dog to stop barking and chasing us.. It was an ugly, mean little dog that just about got kicked.

I went to bed early twice this week. I love waking up feeling good rather than totally exhausted. I know I need to be well rested and I have a busy weekend ahead.

No comments: