Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Life after the marathon

It has been a good week since the big day. I was lucky enough to have four days off after the race. I don't think I would have been worth very much Monday or Tuesday at work. Thankfully my dentist decided to take his family to Florida for the week! By the time I worked at the other office on Friday, I was feeling fine. I went for a short run Monday night and was surprised that my legs felt fine.

Craig and I were blessed to watch Rachel and Owen for Tammy and Nathan on Saturday. Tammy was able to "santa" shop, clean most of her house, and grocery shop while the kids were at our house! We were hoping to visit a pumkin farm, but Owen needed some extra sleep, so there was only about an hour or two when both kids were awake.


Rachel and I dug out some markers and colored pencils. I found some old stamper markers! I forgot how much fun those are. Rachel practiced writing her "R"s. I could tell she had been instructed before because as soon as she finished one R, she would say, "Again!" in a stern teacher voice!


Owen and I took a walk to the mailbox and picked some mums. He tried to play with our big pumpkin. Unfortunately he spotted that two of our neighbors have swing sets, but I wasn't comfortable letting him play on them. Our house just isn't prepared for a busy 1 1/2 year old!
We had a FEAST for dinner Monday night! Alaskan Salmon! One of our patients lives in Alaska and was in town visiting family and they were nice enough to bring some frozen salmon. After a quick call to Uncle Bill for his yummy recipe and advice about what to do with the skin, the salmon turned out great! Craig is staying busy with school. His schedule was crazy about 2 weeks ago with midterms, but it has calmed down since. He does have an exam tomorrow, but that's not why he is snarling. He doesn't feel good. (Put your lower lip out and say "awww!") I'm hoping it is just a scratchy throat and doesn't develop into something worse! or give it to me!

No comments: