Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Chicago Getaway

Craig and I were able to take a quick trip to Chicago at the beginning of the week. Monday was a beautiful chilly day. We didn't make too many plans for our time, we just went with the flow. I don't know how many miles we walked, but by Tuesday I was sore! I ran 6 miles on Saturday without getting sore, but I can't walk Chicago for 8 hours?!

Signs are up for the Chicago Marathon for this Sunday! How exciting! I'm really kicking myself for not training this year. The weather over the summer has been perfect and this Sunday should be cool. I just didn't have the motivation!


We took a 40 second elevator ride up 96 floors to the observatory. It was a beautiful view!






We couldn't pass up some hot chocolate at the Hershey's store!


Millennium Park


The Bean



Monday was a fun day! Of course it wouldn't be a complete trip to Chicago without some deep dish pizza!

We knew Tuesday was going to be rainy, so we planned indoor activities.


We had a great time at the Art Institute of Chicago before we got on the road to come back home!

1 comment:

Dana Gray said...

Love Chicago - the pizza looks especially good. But...not as good as Palucci's - ok...it's better than Palucci's.