Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chicago Mid-Winter

One of the many reasons that I didn't post a whole lot in February was because I spent a few days in Chicago for work! 3 out of the 4 doctors and 2 other co-workers and I went to Chicago Mid-Winter for 3 days. We all took some classes for continuing education and also had a little fun. In the past, a bigger group from the office has gone to the conference, but this year it was just a few of us. Dr. Compton drove Chelsea, Lisa, and me up to Chicago on a Thursday and we were home late on Saturday.

Here is Chelsea and Lisa sitting on the shuttle on our way from our hotel to the conference! Both of them were great to spend time with! It was good to get to know them better.

We stayed at the Hyatt and this was our view from the hotel room. I love Chicago's skyline!

The Hyatt was just off of Michigan so we could just take a quick walk to shopping!

Of course I made us stop to shop at Nine West!! I found some boots that were super on sale! I had totally worn out my old pair of black boots and it was great to find a wonderful new pair!

The other gals wanted to stop at Garrett's, famous for their popcorn. The line was out the door and I soon found out the reason it was so popular! I bought some of their Chicago Mix - cheesy and carmel popcorn mixed! It didn't sound good at first, but it was wonderful!

On the first evening, Dr. Compton took us to the Cheesecake Factory! It was wonderful...

This is one of two pieces of cheesecake that we shared. Of course we didn't really have room for dessert, but we ate it anyway!

Windy City!



When we weren't in class (or shopping) we spent a lot of time on the floor. The expo floor for all the latest and great dental products was huge!! (This is actually the same place that the expo was held for the Chicago Marathon.)
To receive many of the free samples we had to sit through a product presentation. Some were pretty cheesy, some were really flashy, and others were really informative. I almost had enough samples to fill another suitcase!

Unfortunately, the classes that I spent 8 hours in weren't too informative, but I'm still really glad that I had the opportunity to go. I always hate to be away from Craig, but I'm glad that I went.

No comments: