Wednesday, November 5, 2008

ACS pictures

I got an email today posting some more pictures that were taken at the ACS tent after the race. This is where I met up with Sarah, Eric, and Craig after the race. I really don't know how I got from the finish line to this point besides following someone in a blue ACS shirt.
We were given the option of filling out a "In Memory" or "In Honor of" card. It is neat and sad at the same time at the number of cards that were filled out.

One of the perks of being an ACS charity runner was a free 5 minute massage after the race. There was also food, a changing area, ice, and the tent to hang out in. Craig tried his best to get me to eat, but my stomach was really upset and everything sounded gross. My main goal was to just leave and start walking back to the hotel. They were definitely prepared to be very accommodating to the runners even though I really didn't take advantage of any it!

I had the opportunity to talk to my co-worker, Tana, who is back to work after her husband's death. One of the first things she told me was that she framed the ribbon with Warren's name on it that I wore during the marathon. That really meant a lot to me because I know it meant a lot to her. I think Tana is doing as well as she can. She said the nights are the worst right now and that she's not sure her loss has fully hit her yet. Her family definitely needs our continued prayers.

No comments: