Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Election Day


We heard all the buzz that election lines were going to be long, so we got up early to make sure that we could vote before work/school. We made it to City Hall (12 blocks from our house) by 6:10 and were home by 6:20! We were about the 15th or 16th to vote. I did have some selfish motives today. #1) I wanted a "I voted sticker" to wear...no such luck. #2) Since we were up so early, I was aching for a cinnamon roll from our favorite coffee shop...no such luck. So by the time I got to work this morning, I was hungry and realizing how tired I was. Everyone I talked to today was very enthusiastic about voting! I also heard several comments about how "this is one of the most important elections I will ever vote in." I hope people took it seriously and made informed votes!

No comments: