Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy 25th!

Happy Birthday to Craig! This isn't how we had planned spending Craig's birthday with a broken leg, but I hope today is a happy, pain-free day!

Craig did not take any pain medication for most of the day yesterday. He said his leg felt fine until he had to stand and then he could really feel the blood rush in and it hurt. He has been doing a great job staying off his leg and keeping it elevated. Yesterday he was finally awake long enough to look at some homework. He has two projects due this coming week and then he needs to study for finals.

I have been taking his blood pressure and unfortunately it is still very elevated. His doctor recommended no caffeine and low sodium diet. Craig hasn't drank pop for almost two years, but Craig enjoys coffee VERY much! I am amazed that he hasn't had coffee for a week! It is also hard to believe that it has already been a week since he fell.

Usually for our birthdays we like to enjoy an event rather than getting a material possession. One year we went to the symphony and last year we went to a concert. This year for Craig's birthday I hope I can make it special enough because I don't have anything for him and we won't be going anywhere special!

I am very thankful for Craig and I love him very much. I hope he has a great birthday!