Wednesday, September 24, 2008

1st Taper Week

I really can't believe that my first week of tapering is here. I have a much different schedule this week, only running three times. Next week is a little more normal. and then the following week is marathon week! That will be the week where a crazy amount of nervous energy is spent gearing up for the race!

Today was just a 30 minute run. I am very glad that we ran early to beat the heat because it got very warm today.

One of my patients that I saw today is signed up for the Columbus marathon the week after the Chicago. It is also supposed to be a "flat, fast" course. It was really great talking to someone else who is in the same place in his training. We compared energy methods, shoes, shorts, training schedules, etc!!! It was great to hear someone who is just as excited as I am. We both agreed that the main goal is to have fun and finish, however, he is hoping to qualify to run the Boston Marathon next April. One of the great things he has going for him is that he has a friend that he does all his training with and will run the marathon together. As much as I LOVE having Craig by my side on his bike, it would be great to have a running partner.

No comments: