Sunday, September 28, 2008

Update

Friday morning we had a quick 30 minute run.

Sunday morning's goal was 10 miles at the usual 10:45 to 11:10 pace. Usually my long run is on Saturday but it got bumped to today. It is good practice to run a Sunday since the race will be held on a Sunday in 2 weeks!

It has been a busy, but good weekend. The weather was beautiful for a home ISU football game. Unfortunately they didn't win even though they came very close. Saturday evening we had dinner with some friends before going to the Terre Haute Symphony Orchestra. The music was wonderful. They had a guest pianist, Di Wu, who is amazing! We actually saw her last year so I was really looking forward to hearing her again. Check out her site for amazing music. She is VERY animated when she plays so it is neat to see her. She also has a video on youtube.

I had a patient on Friday who lives in Chicago and was giving me some tips on pasta restaurants before the race. I feel like I have a lot of last minute details to figure out so that our trip will be as stress-free as possible. We already have borrowed a GPS so we won't be totally lost. I can't believe it will be here before I know it. The next two weeks are actually pretty busy so the time should go fast. I am a little worried about the Friday before the marathon. I have the day off and Craig will be out of town...I'll probably go crazy packing and repacking!

No comments: