Wednesday, September 3, 2008

7 miles

The dreaded Wednesday run...Today's goal was 7 miles at 8:45 to 8:50 pace. That didn't happen. I ran early to try to beat the heat and humidity, but it was still pretty miserable out. Actually when I ran by a corn field the air felt great, but that was only about a 1/4 mile. I know I stayed close to target pace for about the first 3 miles. I looked at my watch every time I went under a light pole. However, I felt pretty tired and sore during the last half and was closer to a 9:30 pace. We have two different loops that we regularly run during the week. One loop is 3 miles and the other is 4 miles. So for this morning's 7 miles we completed both of the loops. Suddenly today I was noticing the slightest inclines and the run felt hard. My knees were yelling and my quads were really sore. I haven't felt any soreness since about Monday from Saturday's 21 miles, but I guess I haven't fully recovered. My average pace ended up being 9:22. Most of the run was in the dark and I worried about tripping on a pot holes and a sneak attack from a dog. I'm pretty sure at one point I had a locust on my back - yuck!

GREAT news: I received 2 more donations for the American Cancer Society which helps me reach my goal! That really makes my day!!

No comments: