Saturday, September 6, 2008

Great weather today

Today is a beautiful day which made for a great run this morning. I realized around mile 5 that I hadn't even taken a drink of water yet. The temps were low 60s and no humidity. I didn't use a carb gel and I can only hope that the weather is this perfect in 5 weeks.

This week didn't go exactly as planned. It was typical Indiana weather with a little influence from Gustav. Monday was HOT, Wednesday was humid with lots of rain, and by Friday it was cool and breezy! 2 of my runs got put off and then never happened. I should have run another 7 miles this week. However, judging by how my quads and knees felt on Wednesday's run, I'm pretty sure I needed some extra recovery after the 21 miles last Saturday. (Sounds good anyway!) Today we threw in an extra mile, so technically, I'm only 6 short this week!

Highlight of today's run: We saw 2 deer - one was a baby with all its little white spots. Also, we had a small water fight and I won, of course!

Low light: Apparently a "drunk man" stirred some things up with some runners on the trail ahead of us, so we got to witness most of the verbal altercation. Luckily it was only colorful language instead of any fighting. We have run into a few "shady" people on the trail over the past couple months. You really have to wonder what people's motives or intentions are when they are out and about at 6 in the morning, obviously not exercising. Craig always keeps his cell phone with him and 99.9% of the time I feel safe, especially with Craig.

No comments: