Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Monday's run and FINALLY success!

Monday night was another lonely run. Not only was Craig in class, followed by a late meeting, but I also didn't have my watch! I thought I had plugged in my watch to charge. It even looked like it was plugged in. However, I hadn't completely connected it so my watch had no juice in its battery. I haven't run once without it since I bought it in May. I plugged it in for 10 minutes just to see if it could get enough of a charge for a 40 minute jog, but it didn't work. I didn't realize how much I depended on the watch to give me feedback on pace, time, heart rate, etc. I ran a route that we have run a hundred times, so I knew the distance that I would run and the time it would take me. I still had this weird feeling of insecurity without it!

Today's goal was 8 miles at 8:45-8:50 pace. I FINALLY REACHED MY GOAL!!! This morning was the perfect weather - about 45 degrees and the stars were beautiful again. The moon was really bright and actually provided some light on the streets. For the past 6 weeks, my Wednesday goal was to run at a pace that is 10-15 seconds faster than race pace. The first several times I tried I was really discouraged! It was hard! 2 weeks ago for 7 miles my average pace was 9:22. 1 week ago the goal was 8 miles and I completed with an average pace of 9:02. And then today was another 8 miles at 8:49! I'm happy that I finally hit the goal. I know the biggest factor was the weather. If race day is like today, I will have a lot more confidence in a successful run than if it is warm and humid.

No comments: