Wednesday, August 6, 2008

1/2 way

The weekend really wore me out so I made some modifications to my training this week. Translation: Mainly I was lazy this week and busy in the evenings, so my training for Monday (40 minute run) and today- Wednesday (16 x 400 at 2 min pace with 2 min rest) got combined. I ran to and from the track where I completed the 400s. This is the last week for 400s and the last week of the "endurance" part of my training. Week 9, I start the "stamina" phase. Not a lot changes except for the Wednesday run where I will run consecutive miles at a pace that is about 10-15 seconds faster than race pace. I'm excited to be half through training!

A scary incident happened this week about 3 blocks from our house. It is really startling to realize how meth affects people and how this situation could have ended much worse.

On a lighter note, my dad emailed the Commercial Newspaper in Danville, IL and made them aware of the cause that I am running for. They ran a story this week and I think it turned out very well. I'm really hoping it creates some more donations!

No comments: