Saturday, August 9, 2008

Short Run

First of all...2 more donations to the American Cancer Society! THANK YOU!

I knew this Saturday was a shorter run and I guess I forgot to give the run the respect it deserved. Mistakes: 1.) I didn't eat dinner Friday night. I was really busy with finishing up a class and just forgot about it. So my body wasn't fueled up with the energy it needed. 2.) I didn't get up as early as I should have, but the weather actually was pretty mild. 3.) I didn't use any carb gel in my water. I thought, "Oh its just 10 miles, I don't need it." After all, I never used it when I trained for the half marathons. But because I didn't have dinner last night, I'm sure anything besides plain water would have helped.

It wasn't any certain part of my body that hurt, it was just an overall tiredness and lack of energy. My throat started getting sore last night and I'm hoping that it doesn't get any worse. My boss was sick all week - coughing and hacking, so hopefully I'm not getting what he had.


Side note: Opening ceremonies for the Olympics were amazing!

No comments: