Sunday, August 24, 2008

Saturday and looking ahead

Saturday's run felt quick. We started early and were done with 10 miles by 8 am. I really didn't pay attention to my watch to check what pace I was going. I just did what felt comfortable. My average pace was 10:07/mile. I used one energy gel. It was a different brand that they recommend at the bike shop where we bought Craig's bike.

I'm on the countdown. This next week will be 11 out of 17! I have started to think about what I'm going to wear on race day. I will probably need to buy another pair of shoes and get them broken in for race day. I also need to get some running tights in case the weather is cool. In previous races in the spring I have worn regular work-out pants, but that probably wouldn't work for the marathon!

This week will be a little different just because my Saturday run will be 21 miles. To keep my mileage for the week around 30, I will only do 9 miles during the week. This weekend is the annual Little Italy Festival and a 3-day-weekend! I'm looking forward to this week.

No comments: