Thursday, August 7, 2008

Count your blessings

The humidity broke and it was a beautiful morning for a run. My left calf was pretty tight, but it loosened up and felt better as I ran. I always get nervous that I will have an injury or set back that won't let me train. I am grateful for my health.

I have a co-worker whose husband, Warren, is battling cancer. They have a blog set up to make family and friends aware of their prayer needs. Here is an brief idea of what he is going through:

"For now you can pray for some struggles that have surfaced since my marker has risen. I have very labored breathing. The simplest task can tax my breathing. Now how am I supposed to keep up with the little boy in this condition? I also have pain in my side (the liver). If I over do it I'll become very uncomfortable and it takes some pain medicine and a lot of rest to get past it. Spencer thinks it's his superior boxing skills that causes the pain. I can't have him growing up believing this. Also, today I stayed home from work because of all of this and then some. I found it hard to keep my food down today. This could be a passing thing for today or something I'll have to deal with in the days to come until we figure out our new course of action. Pray for these things to subside so I can continue to function."

Wow! I can't imagine what he is going through. (Spencer is their youngest son of 3 children.) I can only pray that Warren maintains hope as cancer research progresses and methods of treatment are discovered.

No comments: