Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Another hard one

I got up when my alarm went off this morning, but somehow rationalized getting back in bed and not running. So I ran tonight. The goal was 6 miles at 8:45 to 8:50 pace. I ran 3.3 miles at a 8:45 pace until I decided that I had enough. I walked about a 1/4 mile and thought about things. Craig said to me last week when I was having a hard time, "It's not supposed to be easy." That thought has stuck with me. My interpretation, "Don't be afraid of having to work hard." I definitely wasn't enjoying the run. Tonight he suggested just finishing the run, at my regular jog pace (about a 10 minute/mile.) I finished the run and my final average pace was 8:55 and I was glad to be done. So I'm still not convinced that I can keep my goal of a 4 hour marathon, but my main goal from the beginning has been always been to finish the race. I still don't want the thing to take all day!

No comments: