Saturday, June 28, 2008

2 Thumbs Way Up for WALL-E!

Yesterday turned out to be a productive day. I was able to make a lot of progress on the essay, unfortunately without my group member's help, and submitted it early enough to go on our date. We left late, so our romantic dinner was Subway in the car! But the movie was GREAT! It had a lot of funny parts and I liked that they did a really good job on animating Wall-E's facial expressions. Two thumbs way up.

This morning was very overcast and pretty humid. The running goal was 9 miles at a 10:40-11:10 pace. I wasn't very motivated to start my run because I didn't have a course planned, but it turned out to be a good run. I ran a similar route as last week's 7 mile run. I figured out another mile loop through a good neighborhood and just did that on my way out and back. I still haven't figured out a way to carry water with me, so I just ran with a water bottle. Not the best method, but it works for now. However, we didn't have any water bottles at the house, so I stopped and bought one along the run. My average pace was 10:45.

It has turned out to be a very beautiful day. And a good day to buy a bike! Craig has been doing a lot of research and found a really nice bike. He took me to look at it and after a "test drive," he decided that he really liked it. He is excited and I'm just as excited because now I have a running partner!! For those interested, it is a 2009 Trek 7.2FX. And it is pretty! And it has a bell!! Now it just needs one of those cute little bike licence plates that says "Speed demon" or "C-diddy." HaHa! I'm sure that idea will never get clearance!


No comments: