Saturday, June 21, 2008

Topic of Conversation


This picture was posted on WTHI when all the flooding happened 2 weeks ago. The flood is still a very big topic of conversation with my patients. This picture of Hobby Lobby and Kroger shows how bad the flash flooding was in Terre Haute. This area is about a mile from where I work. My dental office received no damage, but Doc had to take a boat to the door to assess if any water had gotten into the building. Most of my patients talk about just having water in their crawl space, but there were people who lost their house and vehicles. There was also flooding in Clinton, but the water stayed about a block away. I woke up that Saturday morning and it was raining...hard...and it just kept raining hard. I decided I should turn on the tv and watch the weather. Pretty soon, I was thinking...hmm...maybe I should wake up Craig and start thinking about what I need to grab if we have to evacuate. The roads were closed and we just stayed put. We were very fortunate to have no water issues.

No comments: