Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New shoes

Sunday afternoon we went to Pacesetters and I got another pair of running shoes. I guess it is recommended to switch between 2 pairs during the week so that each pair has a chance to bounce back and provide the support it is supposed to. The shoe salesman is a runner himself, so I feel like I had good help and information to buy a good shoe. He ran the mini this year also - 40 minutes faster than me!

I tried out my new shoes Monday morning during my 40 minute run. They felt really good. Actually the shoes are a 1/2 size bigger cause my feet will swell with all the miles. Monday I ran to the post office and then took our water bill to city hall...just trying to get some different scenery in.

Today I moved my Wednesday run to this evening. It is supposed to storm and get hot and humid tomorrow...yuck. Also another reason I ran tonight was to burn off some frustration. I met Craig at the library tonight to take my Geography Exam. I was about 25% of the way through when it kicked me out of the exam. This actually happened with the first exam and the professor was nice enough to let me restart the test. This time he is out of town, so I don't know when I will be able to try it again - if he lets me. The worst part though is that the exam is really horrible. I just wanted to get it over with. I can't wait to be done with this class.

Tonight's run was 8 x 400 at 2:05 pace with warm up and cool down. Tonight's run felt better than last week's when I ran 6. I ran it again at the track. It was nice to see the sunset for a change instead of the sunrise. Got to go...Craig is making waffles!! Yum!

No comments: