Friday, June 20, 2008

Hotel reservations

Today has been a long day. Much of the day was spent finishing my group essay. I never dreamed that I would spend this many hours on a 100 level class. I was glad to have some cancellations at work this afternoon so I could spend the time I needed on the essay. Plus I got to spend time with Craig as he was studying for a test. Every time one of us got deep in thought, the other would think of something to talk about, so I'm sure we weren't as productive as we could be. But I love spending time with my husband! I always miss him on Mondays.

No cross-train workout today since we didn't get home until almost 11 pm. Saturdays are my long endurance runs, but we have plans for tomorrow morning. Craig was nice enough to sign BOTH of us up to help with the Vermillion County 4-H project check-in. I hated doing this as a junior leader, but hopefully it won't be too bad. Craig is a semi-active member of the 4-H council. He missed more meetings than he attended due to having class most Tuesday evenings. I hope to run Saturday night or Sunday morning. I am supposed to do 7 miles, but I still haven't figured out a very good course around town.

Craig and I spent some time today looking for a hotel to stay at for the race. It appeared that there just weren't any rooms available anymore. Finally we found exactly what we were looking for: a hotel that was really close to the start line so that we wouldn't have to mess with driving or parking before the race. We already knew what price range to expect after our quick anniversary trip to Chicago. That trip woke us up to the high hotel rates in Chicago that didn't even include parking!

We were able to book a room at the Palmer House Hilton. oo la la! It is just a couple blocks west of the start line. It will be a longer walk from the finish line back to the hotel, but I will worry about that later! I just found out that there is a minimal fee if we check out late, so I will be able to go back to our room to shower and maybe even nap before we head for home. That is good news for the odor of the car for the 3+ hours back home!

1 comment:

Dana Gray said...

Fancy hotel...

That should be fun to stay there as well as run in the race. Keep up the training - you are way too motivated!!