Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hard one

Wednesday's goal was 16 x 400 at 2 minute pace with 2 minutes rest. Yuck. It started as a dark, scary morning at the track. I really don't like running around the track in the dark. I don't know what I think is going to jump out and get me, but I just don't like it. I didn't really enjoy the run either. It was humid and rainy. I could hear the rain hitting the track more than I could feel it. This week I had to run 2 more 400s than last week. I had to play a lot of mind games with myself to keep myself positive and complete the run. The whole workout was intense and left me pretty exhausted. I went to bed really early last night and was asleep in less than 5 minutes. I didn't set the alarm, but somehow I woke up at 6:30 and got us out the door for a 30 minute run this morning.

No comments: