Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hot week

Monday's run got moved to today because I thought my legs needed an extra day to recover from the 15 mile run on Saturday. About 24 hours after the long run my right ankle got really sore and felt like it should have been swollen. I took some ibuprofen and it was better by Monday afternoon. My quads are still sore, so I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong with my training. Saturday's run was 2 miles and 20 minutes longer than I had ever run before. Maybe I didn't eat enough carbs post-run to help me adequately recover. I really didn't have much of an appetite Saturday. My average time per mile was a little faster than the goal of 10:45-11:10, so maybe that contributed as well.

This morning was very humid and foggy. It was very hard to breath during my run. Usually I can carry-on somewhat of a conversation with Craig, but this morning was difficult. The heat index is supposed to be pretty high this week, so I will definitely have to run early to survive this week.

No comments: