Sunday, July 6, 2008

Holiday weekend

Saturday’s running goal was 11 miles at 10:40 to 11:10 pace. The morning was a lot like last Saturday – overcast and cool. Also, just like last week, the sun came out after I ran and it became more warm and humid throughout the day. I was very grateful for the great weather during my run. My average pace was 10:43/mile but it took me about 3 miles before I could settle into the right pace. My body felt pretty tired the whole time. I didn’t have a high carb meal the night before and I was still catching up on sleep, so those are probably the reasons. Craig was nice enough to make some wonderful pancakes for my post-run meal.
My body hasn’t been sore since my run, which is unusual. I think it was because I had a really great stretch and kept things loose by hiking at Turkey Run for a couple hours Saturday afternoon. I went with my sister, Sarah and had a really nice time. Trail 3 was terribly busy and very wet, but the other trails weren’t crowded and not quite as muddy. It has been a great holiday weekend, but it went way too fast!

No comments: