Thursday, July 24, 2008

Level up

Wow, Wednesday's run was not easy. I did 14 x 400 at 2 minute pace with 2 minutes rest in between. It was an early morning to get all this accomplished, but it was beautiful out. The storm we had really broke the heat and humidity. It has been a long time since my legs have felt that hollow and exhausted. It brought back memories of cross country practice where we had to do laps around the outside of the track and bleachers. Part of the lap included running through thick gravel, where you feel like you are working twice as hard and still not making any forward progress. That is what my legs felt like on the 13th lap.

I am starting to think that my training has been taken up a level. Wednesday was tough and all the long endurance runs from this point on will be distances that I have never ran before. I ordered my fuel belt on Tuesday, but I doubt it arrives before Saturday.

Tonight was a nice night for a short 30 minute run. I wish this weather could last the rest of the summer.

No comments: