Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thursday through Saturday

Looks like I need to do some updating! This has been a busy week!
Thursday: Morning's 30 minute run went well. Craig rode with me and we have a pretty good route that works well with little traffic and nice shady roads. My bites around my ankle were still itchy and painful. I ALMOST used it as an excuse to stay in bed, but Craig helped push me out of bed.

Friday: I changed my hour long massage to a half hour appointment because my bites prevented me from getting my legs massaged. That meant Craig got the other half hour and experienced his first massage! Also, I have managed to get poison ivy on my right hand and forearm. She did an awesome job concentrating on my back and shoulders. She also took some time to stretch my legs.
We took a trip to Indy in search of a belt that holds water for my runs. However, we were disappointed to find that Dick's Sporting Goods only had one brand and I thought it was too bulky and the bottles were too big. I will have to keep looking around. I did find a cute visor, Under Armour, of course.

Saturday: We were up late last night visiting with family so this morning didn't start as early as it should have. This turned out to be a very bad thing because by the end of my run around 11:30 it was 85 degrees, with the sun out, and high humidity. We drove to Terre Haute and ran on the Heritage Trail. It is a wide, paved trail that runs behind Rose Hulman and next to Hawthorne Park. According to the information we found, the trail length is 5.8 miles. However, the part of the trail that doesn't cross major roads is slightly more than 3 miles. So we ran down and then did a little excursion through Hawthorne park and ran back. The trail was pretty heavily traveled by bikers, runners, and even a few rollerblading! The goal for today was 8 miles at 10:45 to 11:10 pace, but by the time we made it back to the car we were about 0.3 miles short. I decided that ok due to the heat and humidity! I'm still disappointed because this is the first time I haven't met my goal. My average pace was 10:43. I know for next time; get my lazy butt out of bed earlier!

No comments: